Monday 13 October 2014

Venturing into Node

The last week, I've been digging into a few codeschool tutorials on node. Node is, from what I gather, rapidly gaining popularity (if it hasn't already), and has some tremendous capabilities. In particular, it is very fast, and I hear astounding news from people that say it's about as close to just parsing code in C speeds as you can get.

That's pretty impressive, when considered. That said, It was a choice between Node or Angular.js (Or perhaps even Ember, or Meteor), but I decided to go for Node first.

Installing it was fairly easy, and the tutorials introduced me to Express, Socket.io, and a new database record (with some -very- simple setup and commands!), Redis.

I'll be putting up some code down here as I get more and more into it, for the time being the syntax and getting over the incredible amount of braces used in node still kind of throws me off, but I'm getting the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment